ClimateGate news

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Christy on the IPCC

This opinion piece by John Christy, Professor of Atmospheric Science, University of Alabama and a member of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is titled No consensus on IPCC's level of ignorance, and comes to us via BBC News:

At an IPCC Lead Authors' meeting in New Zealand, I well remember a conversation over lunch with three Europeans, unknown to me but who served as authors on other chapters. I sat at their table because it was convenient.

After introducing myself, I sat in silence as their discussion continued, which boiled down to this: "We must write this report so strongly that it will convince the US to sign the Kyoto Protocol."

Politics, at least for a few of the Lead Authors, was very much part and parcel of the process.
Hmmm... it seems the BBC can at least air both sides of the argument on AGW - something the CBC can't stomach.

No comments: